- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and capers. Let them sizzle and crisp for about three minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and then add the shallot and garlic. Cook for one to two minutes, until fragrant and the shallot is crispy. Transfer the capers, shallot, and garlic to a bowl, leaving a bit of oil behind in the skillet.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook for about seven to eight minutes or until jammy. Add the water and half the salt. Cook until thickened slightly, about four to five minutes.
- Season the fish with the remaining salt. Add to the skillet, cover and cook for five to seven minutes, or until cooked through.
- Add cod to plate along with the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the remaining oil, capers, and shallot mixture on top. Garnish with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
P: 39g | F: 15g | C: 7g | 334kcal
Mediterranean Cod with Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 tsp Olive Oil
- 12 g Capers
- 23 g Shallots
- 1.5 clove Minced Garlic
- 158 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 210 g Pacific Cod or 168 g White Fish (Uncooked Weight)
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 100 ml Water
- 2 pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Parsley, Fresh